How to jailbreak iphone 6
Apple iOS is one of the strongest and most secure operating systems ever for a smartphone. However, there are several reasons you would want to break the security of the operating system so that you would be able to get access to an enhanced experience. One of them is that you are looking to install third-party apps that aren’t available on the official app store.
On an Android, you can sideload an app using the APK files. An iOS device would never allow you to do that. The only way you can achieve the task is to jailbreak your iPhone. In this post, we will check out the right ways to find how to jailbreak iPhone 6 or 6S.
What is Jailbreaking an iPhone?
Jailbreaking is an act of removing the restrictions on iOS. Almost equivalent to rooting on an Android device, jailbreaking is a way that provides you root access to the operating system on your iPhone.
Jailbreaking lets you get access to the option of running the software on your iPhone even when it is not approved by Apple. You would be able to install the jailbreak apps and helps you achieve the tweaks and themes on your device. You can make use of the tweaks from Cydia to for customising the look and feel of your device in addition to providing the improved functionality of your device.
What would you need for Jailbreaking your iPhone 6 and 6S?
There are several means that you would want to focus on before you can begin jailbreaking your device. Make sure whether you really want to jailbreak your device or not. There may be several shortcomings and disadvantages of jailbreaking your device.
Before you can begin jailbreaking your iPhone, make sure that you have backed up your device. This will ensure that none of your data is lost. Backup everything that includes SMS, contacts, photos, videos, notes, and practically everything on your phone.
How to jailbreak iPhone 6 and 6 Plus using Pangu jailbreak?
Well, you would be able to jailbreak your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus if you are on iOS 9.0.2 or lower. If you are on iOS 9.1, you would not be able to jailbreak your phone in any way as of now. The jailbreaking on iOS 9.0.2 is achieved with the help of Pangu Jailbreak, which makes use of the exploits on the operating system to gain root access.
IOS 9.1 has patched and fixed the exploits that are used by Pangu. This makes it rather impossible to root your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus if it is on iOS 9.1.
Follow the steps here below to jailbreak iPhone 6 and 6 Plus if you are on iOS 9.02 –
- Download the latest version of Pangu Jailbreak. If you are unaware of what Pangu jailbreak is, it is the free jailbreak tool. You do not need to use any registration process to use it.
- Disable the passcode options by moving into Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Turn your phone into Airplane mode
- Run the Pangu application you downloaded in the above steps. You need to run it as an administrator. To do this, right-click on Pangu.exe and choose Run As An Administrator.
- Connect your phone to the computer. The Pangu Jailbreak will take a while to detect your device. Once it does, click on Start
- Click on Already backed up when prompted to backup your device.
- When it reaches, 55 percent, your device will be rebooted. At 65 percent, you would be prompted to enable Airplane mode.
- At 75 percent, you would be prompted to unlock the phone and launch the Pangu app on your phone.
- Launch the Pangu app on your iPhone and follow the onscreen instructions.
Wait till the process is completed and your device is rebooted. Once it reboots, your iPhone will be jailbroken.
Now restore the data that you have backed up.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 6 and 6 Plus using Uncover?
Uncover is yet another excellent jailbreaking option for your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus if it is on any other operating system version that can be handled by Pangu Jailbreak.
The steps are rather easy and simple to follow. You should be able to work with it rather quicker enough. Check out the steps here below –
- Launch your iPhone and open Safari
- Move over to website fun
- Use the search option to find the app unc0ver
- Tap on getting and then install the app on your phone.
- Head over to Settings > General > Device Management. Choose the developer’s name for the app that you just downloaded.
- Tap on Trust to validate the certificate for the app.
That should complete what you would need to do. Launch the uncover app on your iPhone and let it do its job. Your device will reboot several times. DO NOT PANIC. After the steps are completed, you should see the Cydia app installed on your phone.
So, your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus should now be jailbroken.
Well, these two methods have been widely used for jailbreaking your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. In fact, there are several tools that would be helpful in this venture.
Some of the commonly used Jailbreaking tools for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus can include –
- Anzhuang – Compatible with all the latest iOS versions up to iOS 12.1.4 Jailbreak.
- Electra – Compatible with iOS 11 to iOS 11.3.1 versions. Recently upgraded to the Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 & iOS 11.4 versions as well.
- Velonzy – For iOS 11 & higher versions up to iOS 11.4.1..
- LiberiOS – Released for iOS 11 to iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak.
The Closing Thoughts
Well, jailbreaking your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus should not be a huge concern and should be done rather easily with the solutions and apps outlined in the above discussion. Make sure that you exercise enough caution and follow the instructions carefully.
While jailbreaking can make your device provide you access to enhanced experience, do remember that it may be risky enough if you are not careful and may even brick your device beyond resumption. Proceed with caution!