linksys extender Setup Guide This article explains how to configure Linksys range extender using an existing router. Please read the post below and follow the steps for a successful installation.
We use a range extender to increase the coverage of existing wireless routers. Linksys has been creating range extensions for a while and seems to be working fine. The Linksys range extender option was the best choice because of the quality and durability of this coverage. You will find the Linksys Extender review effective and worth the purchase.
What is extenderthinksys.com?
http://extender.linksys.com is a web address that helps users manage Linksys Extender and run their WiFi devices. To configure a Linksys WiFi extender using Extender.linksys.com, all you have to do is type http://extender.linksys.com setup web address in your browser’s address bar. You will then be automatically redirected to the Linksys login page, and the Linksys Smart WiFi configuration will be quickly completed. Sometimes users receive an error message when accessing http://tenderlinksys.com. The right way to extend. An Ethernet cable is recommended to establish a connection between the router and the Extender for users who have connected their router wirelessly to the Linksys Extender Extender.
Pre Setup Extender Requirments –
Before configuring the range extender, please be aware that the Linux Range Extender is a plug-and-play tool, but you need a few things to make it work.
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone with a full Internet browser.
- An Internet connection that works with a wireless router.
- Connect the Linux Range Extender to secure the power supply.
- Extender default IP address with login credentials
- Ethernet cable (optional)
Now start the Linksys Extender configuration with the router and carefully follow the steps for the correct format.
Configuring Linux Extender
There are two ways to configure Linksys Range Extender, and we will both learn how to configure Linksys Range Extender. If you need help with a router or Extender, go to the free Extender and router support to get the best support at no cost.
Instructions before configuring Linksys Extender
If configuring this Extender for the first time, you can start configuring it immediately. However, if you have an older Linux extender that you are trying to configure, please change it before proceeding. Please rearrange.
You can place the Linux Extender close to the router and place it anywhere in the house after setup (up to 40 feet from the original router), depending on the size of your existing router.
Follow these steps to configure a simple and easy Linux extender –
- Install and activate the Linux Range Extender at the power supply.
- Now go to your computer, click on the wireless network icon in the taskbar, and find the available networks.
- To configure the Linksys extension, open the Network and connect.
- Once connected, open your browser, and it will automatically take you to the Linksys Extender configuration page.
- If you do not see the configuration page, please type http://extender.linksys.com/ into your browser.
- You can also often use the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 Linksys Extender.
- Now that you have the configuration page, please follow the on-screen instructions and start configuring Linksys Extender.
- You can change your language, accept the terms and conditions, and click.
- In the next step, you can see the list of networks. Please select the Network you want to expand (current router), enter your existing router’s password, and then click.
- You can change the network name and password for the Extender in the next step, or you can leave it as default and click Next.
- In the next step, anyone can lock the extender settings with the admin password.
- Now click Next and save the settings and restart the Linksys Range Extender.
- After restarting, you can connect to the Linksys Extender anywhere within the limits of your existing router and use the Extender password to connect.
- Well done, you have now configured your Linksys domain extender.
- If the installation fails, please reset Linksys Range Extender and start the configuration from scratch.
Linksys Extender Setup Page – Extender Configuration
Unable to access Extender.linksys.com web-based configuration page using the steps above? If so, the WiFi range expander is pre-configured. So follow these steps (depending on your device’s operating system) to access the Linux Wireless Extender Settings page:
For Windows 10
- Go to the Start button and open File Explorer.
- Click “Network” in the right pane.
- Under Network, suitable click Extender.
- Then click “View Device Web Page” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a unique username and password and click “Login.”
- Your web browser will now open the Extenderlinksys.com web-based configuration page.
For Windows 8 / 8.1
- Navigate to the Charms bar – the bar on the right that displays five images on your home screen, and click Search.
- In the desired box, type “network” and press Enter.
- Click Network Application from the result.
- Under Network, left-click the Extender icon and select Properties.
- Note the Extender IP address from here.
- Open a web browser, enter the IP address in the address bar and click Enter.
- That’s it! Now, you will be in Extender.
- http://extender.linksys.com configuration page
- Navigate to the Safari web browser and open the Bookmarks tab.
- Select Bonjour from the drop-down list and double-click.
- Use the username and password you specified for the Extender network; otherwise, use admin and password as authentication.
- You will now be taken to the online http://extender.linksys.com configuration page for the wireless Extender.
Can’t access the Linksys Extender login page at Extender.linksys.com?
If you cannot access the Linksys Extender login page via http://extender.linksys.com, there are several possible reasons for this problem. Follow the instructions below and make sure everything is OK!
1 All your connected connections are correct and connected, and there is nothing in either wire.
2 Make sure the Linksys Extender is enabled and receives the appropriate power source.
3 The computer/laptop you use to access the Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard is not affected.
4 The web browser you use to access http://extender.linksys.com is up to date with the latest software version.
5 There are no caches, cookies, or history stored in your web browser.
6 You enter the web address http://extender.linksys.com in your browser’s address bar.
7 There is nothing wrong with typing a URL to access the Linksys Extender login page.
8 You have entered the correct password to log in to your Linux extender.
Did you see the points above? It is expected that you will no longer be bothered by Linksys Extender login issues. If this is still the case and you cannot access the Linksys Extender Setup Wizard, contact our highly skilled professionals for assistance and be prepared to enjoy the expanded WiFi as much as you wish.